April 13, 2012

What Would You Have Done?

I'm coming out of wally-world the other day and I hear a man outside begging for money. I listen closely because:
A.) I want to know why he's begging 


B.) the voice sounds eerily familiar


 I look up only to see a guy I used to date (I dated him when me and "The Decent Boyfriend<R.I.P>" were on hiatus). I was shocked, sad, and alittle pissed. I was was only pissed because he was trying to "reconnect", as he put it, with me a few months ago. 


Sadly once I realized it was him. I high-tailed it to my car. Not because I didn't want him to ask me for some money, ok maybe I didn't want him to ask me for any money, but because I thought it might be awkward. I didn't want him to think I thought he was a charity case....


*UPDATE*
I found out later that he's on cocaine REALLY bad, gave his baby momma herpes eww! and his baby ,who is like 4 or 5mos old, is in the ICU because he fell off a bed.... Whoa! 

1 comment:

  1. Damn.


    DAMN.


    Wow. I would've done the same thing. I don't think I would've been able to make eye contact with him if that were our history. I already get uncomfortable dealing with beggars, but a beggar that's seen me naked before?? Weiiirrrrddd. At the same time, though, I would've like to have let him see me there. Just because.

    A cokehead, though? And HERPES?? Sounds like you dodged a bullet, girl.

    ReplyDelete